Friday, June 29, 2012

Brain Flatulence

 
Had one of those moments today that the scouts would call a "brain fart."  Having spent an extended period of time in England, I spent some time driving on the wrong/left side of the road.  After gassing up my van, (pun intended- hey, it was CNG!), this morning, I was about to pull out on to a two lane road.  There was no traffic, and fortunately no one behind me.  My impulse was suddenly to pull on to the left lane, but my brain made me stop.  I had to give pause for a moment to think about which side I should drive on.  

The point is, we are all creatures of habit, and even if we have reformed or changed those habits, they can still come back to haunt us, so we need to be vigilant about choosing the right, (again-pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment